If you are travelers come from Singapore, and your next destination is in India, then India visa is the thing that you cannot skip. No need to wait in queues for hours to get a stamp/sticker in your passport because the Government of India has decided to extend e-Visa facility to Singapore passport owners for travel to India. Here are the tips for Singapore citizens in applying for India Visa:
The definition and type of Indian e-Visa
The Indian e-Visa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within India. Applicants will receive their visas via email, after filling the application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment is completed.
The main benefit here is that you’re not necessary to submit your passport or other personal documents to the consulate and wait in queues for hours to get a stamp in your passport. Everything is done online. You can get an Indian eVisa after 3 business days or faster for emergency cases.
Can Singapore citizens get e-Visa for India?
e-Tourist visa facility can be availed by Singapore citizens and other nationals whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to visit friends or relatives, attending a short term yoga program, medical treatment including treatment under Indian systems of medicine or casual business purpose, as an attendant to e-Medical visa holder.
Types of Indian e-Visa
For Singaporeans, Indian eVisa is available in three types. Based on your purpose (tourism, recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit) and duration of your trip in India, choose the suitable type:
1. Indian e-Tourist Visa: includes the following subtypes:
Indian One-month e-Tourist Visa – double entries – 90 days/entry - 30-day validity
Indian One-year e-Tourist Visa – multiple entries – 90 days/entry - 365-day validity
Indian Five-year e-Tourist Visa – multiple entries – 90 days/entry - 5-year validity
2. Indian e-Business Visa – multiple entries – 180 days/entry - 365-day validity
3. Indian e-Medical Visa – triple entries – 60 days/3 entries * - 120-day validity
* The staying period of 60 days counts from the date of the first arrival in India. Within this period of 60 days, Indian e-Medical Visa holders can enter India maximum 3 times.
For more details, check Different Types of Indian eVisa.
The Indian e-Visa requirements for Singaporeans
Indian e-Visa application will require you to upload your recent personal photo and the scanned Bio-Page of the Passport (valid within more than 6 months balance at the time of entry). They need attaching into the email you send to us. A valid Credit/Debit Card (Visa/MasterCard) will also be needed to complete the e-Visa application.
Tips: Personal photo should be in color and in JPEG or PDF format and without borders. Scanned Bio-Page should be in PDF format.
* It is really important to get the right visa for travel and that it’s valid for the purpose and duration of the trip. So make sure you meet entry requirements.
See Document Requirements for more details.
Two ways to apply for an Indian Visa
Here are details the process of obtaining your India eVisa online for Singapore citizens, there are two ways in which you can apply for an eVisa:
1. E-Visa (Online Visa)
Step 1: Visit https://www.indianvisagov.in/apply-visa and fill the “Information For Visa” form.
- Provide your flight information including the airport of arrival, the date of arrival, and your personal information such as your full name, passport number, date of birth and nationality.
- Your personal information supplied and the information on your passport must match together.
Step 2: Pay the Service fee and Government fee online by your Credit/Debit Card:
- After finishing the payment, an email will be sent to confirm your eVisa order and documents request to complete the Indian e-Visa application. When the process is finished, the visa copy will be sent to you by email.
Step 3: Print out Indian eVisa. After that, please present your eVisa for checking at the airports in India. It takes you only 5-10 minutes to get the stamp on your passport by India Immigration Officers at the airports.
The Indian eVisa will make you confident to travel to India, your trip will be more convenient and money-saving because the entire application process will be taken care by the specialized group of the consultancy experts who can help international tourists apply for their visas online.
2. Visit the India Embassy or Consulate General in Singapore
Check India Embassy in Singapore for more information.
Will the fees be refunded if the Singapore citizens cancel their Indian Visa application form?
The visa fee is non-refundable so the Government will NOT refund the fee if you cancel your visa.
However, if you choose indianvisagov.in services, you will have access to our flexible refund policy.
Does Singaporeans Need A Yellow Fever Vaccine for India?
The yellow fever vaccine is not recommended for travelers to India and also it is not mandatory for Singapore people before their trip to India.
What are the benefits of using Indian e-Visa service?
With Indian e-Visa, traveling to India for religious and cultural trips has never been easier. Our Indian e-Visa service is offered with many benefits like:
- The whole process is performed online from anywhere, which is much more convenient and time-saving.
- Document requirements checked and made compliant with the government’s guideline.
- Information double-checked and correction; no need to reapply several times for the exactness.
- Privacy protected and information secured for customers.
- 24/7/365 professional support via email, chat, and Hotline to help when in need.
- eVisa recovered via email in case you lose your Indian e-Visa.
- Flexible refund service fee policy for denied cases.
For any assistance, please call 24h professional support center below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org