Packing for any trip is not always be easy. If you forget to carry an important item, it may transfer your vacation from exciting into miserable. Especially for the first time that you prepare your backpacking India. There are loads of packing lists that you can find all over the web, but our “Not to forget packing list for your India trip” will make sure that you don’t forget or overpacking anything.
1. Essentials preparation
- Check your passport expiry date
- Apply for a Visa or an Indian eVisa
- Book your flights - Airline Ticket
- Buy travel insurance
- Book your accommodation
Suggested post: Essentials Preparation - The reasons why you should not exclude anything in our India packing list
- Keep cash in the local currency handy, save Indian currency for travel to and from the airport.
- Bring dollars and change to rupees in India (You can change at hotels, banks, and even kiosks at the mall)
- International credit cards and international debit cards
- A Backpack (A Must)
- A sheet sleeping bag
- Good quality suitcase locks and cable.
- Carry a money belt and small bag (for money and important documents)
- Foldable beach bag (Optional)
Suggested post: Money and Bags - The reasons why you should not exclude anything in our India packing list
4. Health - Medicine
- First Aid Kit
- Get a basic health check before you leave if it is a longish trip.
- Medicines such as painkillers, paracetamol tablets, antacids, diarrhea medicine, and Vitamin B,C
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, nail cutter, band-aids, and lip balm.
- Water purification tablets.
- Shampoo sachets and travel soaps. (included face wash or body wash)
- Wet wipes and tissues.
- Make up and makeup remover (Optional).
- Deodorant and perfume.
- Brush/Comb and hair serum, hair ties
- Birth Control
- Razor (Optional)
Suggested post: Health, Medicine and Toiletries - The reasons why you should not exclude anything in our India packing list
- Charge all your electric equipment before you leave.
- Charged power banks and power adapters for the camera, phone, e-reader, laptop, and tablet.
- Memory cards (for camera).
Don’t carry too much cloth for your trip except your underwear, Indian clothes are inexpensive and in fact, it’s quite comfortable because it suits the climate and the culture.
- 3 pants, 2 shorts (it’s can be leggings, jeans, skirts..)
- Rain coat
- 5 short sleeve, 2 long sleeve shirts (T-shirts, tank-top as your favorite)
- 7 days socks/underwear
- Bathing suit
- Sturdy shoes
- Flip flops
- Sport shoes
- Earplugs (A lot and a must)
Suggested post: Electronic, Clothes & Shoes and Others- The reasons why you should not exclude anything in our India packing list
This is a basic list for both genders so feel free to take out the optional things to lighten your luggage. You cannot bring everything you want with you, hope this packing list will help you not to overpacking and enjoy a wonderful trip to India.
For any assistance, please call 24h professional support center below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
United States: +1 315 277 2299
United Kingdom: +44 161 298 3979
Australia: +61 7 3102 3979
South Africa: +273 1 813 5274
Hong Kong: +852 8191 5898