India Tourist Visa on Arrival or Travel Visa on Arrival (TVoA) has played a significant role since the Government of India provided TVoA facility for nationals more than 160 countries. India Tourism has been playing an important part in the overall development of the economy of India and it is expected to grow at a fast pace than the world average.
What is a Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA)?
The Tourist Visa on Arrival or we can call eVisa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within India. Applicants will receive their visas via email, after filling the application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment is completed.
The main benefit here is that you won’t need to visit the consulate and wait in queues for hours to get a stamp in your passport. You can get an Indian eVisa after 3 business days or faster for emergency cases.
Indian Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) is divided into 3 subtypes: One-month, One-year, and Five-year TVoA.
One-month TVoA is valid for 1 month (30 days) from the date of visa approval and available for double entries.
One-year TVoA is valid for 1 year (365 days) from the date of visa approval and available for multiple entries.
Five-year TVoA is valid for 5 years from the date of visa approval and available for multiple entries.
All three subtypes of Indian TVoA allow holders to stay 90 days/entry from the first date of each entry. The only exception is that nationals of UK, US, Canada, and Japan can have a maximum stay of 180 days/entry from the first date of each entry.
India Tourist Visa on Arrival is available only at the international airports at 28 airports and 5 seaports
- 28 designated airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram), Varanasi, Vishakhapatnam.
- 5 designated seaports: Chennai, Cochin, Goa (Mormugao), Mangalore, Mumbai.
Exit Ports: The foreigner can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
The new visa categories plus new ports are currently available and the eVisa application site has been updated to reflect the change. The changes represent India’s efforts to expand the use of eVisa.
How to apply for an Indian Tourist on Arrival?
Here are details the process of obtaining your TVoA:
Step 1: Visit https://www.indianvisagov.in/apply-visa and fill the “Information For Visa” form.
- Provide your flight information including the airport of arrival, the date of arrival, and your personal information such as your full name, passport number, date of birth and nationality.
- Your personal information supplied and the information on your passport must match together.
Step 2: Pay the Service fee and Government fee online by your Credit/Debit Card mentioned in Payment Guidelines:
- After finishing the payment, an email will be sent to confirm your eVisa order and documents request to complete the Indian eVisa application. When the process is finished, the visa copy will be sent to you by email.
Step 3: Print out TVoA. After that, please present your visa for checking at the airports in India. It takes you only 5-10 minutes to get the stamp on your passport by India Immigration Officers at the airports.
The Indian Tourist Visa on Arrival will make you confident to travel to India, your trip will be more convenient and money-saving because the entire application process will be taken care by the specialized group of the consultancy experts who can help international tourists apply for their visas online.
Only the following activities are permitted with TVoA for travelers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives.
Document requirements for India Tourist on Arrival (TVoA)
1. Applicant's photo must be colorful, 2 inches X 2 inches and taken within 6 months.
2. Applicant’s scanned passport must contain all personal particulars.
3. Applicant’s detailed information must have the names of your parents and your spouse (if married), your address and phone number.
Check Document Requirements for more details.
India is now the best choice for the new 2019 tours. Usually, the time that travelers spend before their trip is to get a visa, but actually, it only takes 1 day with us to have an Inda tourist Visa on Arrival and then you can fully enjoy your trip without any concerns. Let’s find out more about eVisa or fill the Apply Visa form to get your TVoA in just 15 minutes with 3 simple steps only.
For any assistance, please call 24h professional support center below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
United States: +1 323 744 6453
Australia: +61 7 3102 9716