A place that got all Yoga lovers’ attraction from all over the world, the International Yoga Festival in India become one of the largest yoga gatherings in the world since 2001. International Yoga Festival is now organized every year from 1st to 7th March in Rishikesh, where thousands of Yoga Gurus, Yoga learners join and practice Yoga.
The festival offers yoga classes from world-class Yoga teachers, evening discussions with some of India's leading spiritual leaders, and other events including vegetarian cooking classes and the Yoga Aid Challenge charity fundraiser.
Since when and where it is celebrated?
Every year the State Tourism Department along with Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board in Rishikesh takes efforts to bring together the followers and lovers of Yoga. Rishikesh is the best places to visit for world yoga tourism because of its location - the beautiful Gateway to the Himalayas, Rishikesh is popular as the land of saints who used to stay and practice prominent yoga moves in the serenity and calm of the city of Rishikesh, situated on the holy bank of river Ganges.
This event was first held in 1999 in Rishikesh which is renowned as the 'Yoga Capital of the World' and happen every year in Parmarth Niketan Ashram. Vinyasa Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Raja Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga are some of the routines that are taught and offered in the Festival.
This one of its kind festivals is held between the 1st and 7th March this year (2019)
Highlights of the International Yoga Festival.
- Well-trained and experienced instructors are there to guide the participants.
- The Festival is a mixture of 70 hours of Yoga including Kundalini Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Power Vinyasa Yoga & Iyengar Yoga.
- The classes start from 4am and running through to 5pm every day.
- Attendants can also be blessed with the presence, satsang and divine words of revered saints and spiritual masters from around the world on a variety of uplifting and inspiring subjects.
- Listen, watch, sing & dance along to ecstatic drumming, moving kirtan and beautiful cultural performances that take you through the night until 10pm.
International Yoga Festival in Rishikesh is calling you to have an unforgettable experience at the best Yoga venues in Rishikesh. For Yoga you don't need to worship some god or follow some particular religion or even chant some mantras. Yoga is a science which is used for better health, peaceful life and stress less mind since ancient time. Check our blog about eVisa for Yoga program to not miss this one week Yoga in India.
For any assistance, please call 24h professional support center below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
United States: +1 323 744 6453
Australia: +61 7 3102 9716